The biking season is upon us again and it is time to bring out the bike that has been hiding in your garage for a long time. Use these interesting tips to make yourself ride ready for this motorcycle season.
Whether you have been avoiding the motorcycle due to the winter season or you just got your new bike, it is time to check into some rider tips which will make you a pro in riding.
Check The Motorcycle Liquids
There is an immense need to have a look at the motorcycle if you want it to be ready for the whole deal of riding.
- Check for the liquids in your motorcycle because you might want a smooth ride after all that time being in hiatus from riding. Clean up the grease which has been placed on the bike for preventing the rusting. Also, liquids such as gasoline can be a huge help.
- Also, ensure that you have enough oil for your rides.
- Checking into the brake fluids is also very important.
- Check for the coolant and the fuel level and if it’s low, go for a refill right now.
Check The Motorcycle Chain
- You have to check the tension that your bike chain has and make some adjustments according to the user manual.
- Sprocket wear in the front and the rear side should be checked along with the teeth points as well.
- In case the chain needs some greasing, don’t forget to do that.
Inspect The Tires
- Have a look at the pressure level of your tire with the gauge. In case the air amounts need to be reduced or increased, do that.
- The tire rubber also needs some checking once in a while.
Look At The Battery
- In winters, most people tend to charge the battery of the bike. If you did that, then your bike battery will not be dead. However, it is always a good thing to take a look at it.
- Also, have a look at the electrolyte level that the battery has. More distilled water can be added in case there is a need for it.
Inspect Your Brakes
- You might want to check the brake pads for some wear or tear. This tends to happen a lot if they have not been used.
- Brake lever must be inspected and pulled in order to ensure the responsive and smooth application
- Brake cables and all the other bolts, fasteners, and connectors must be checked. Also, adjust the mirrors of your bike.
A Proper Checklist For The Rider
In this Motorcycling how-to guide, you will get the right tips to have the perfect motorcycle rider looks as well.
- Ensure to clean the riding gear that you have before the first ride in the season.
- Inspect your boots to check the grip.
- Also, have a look at the pants in order to ensure there is no deterioration. Check the protective inserts and your jackets along with the protectors as well.
- Make sure that you have a handy helmet and gloves for the riding.
Riding Techniques To Practice
Just a little bit of a reminder for the common riding techniques that you need to practice. The excitement that most people have about going out often masks this important part.
- Practice the push steering technique a little bit.
- You need to practice stopping in an absolutely straight line in the emergency stops
- Lane change practicing is important and that too with hand signals
- Slow riding is also important
- Prepare yourself by practicing the sharp right turning from the stop sign
Some Other Riding Tips For Safe Riding
- Make sure that you are prepared for the unpredictable conditions on the road. One of the premier riding tips that people can actually use is this one. Most riders tend to wait for some time before they go out on clean roads.
- Defensive riding might be a suitable idea since there are other motorists who are present on the road as well.
- Get yourself in riding shape. While it is really great to have your motorcycle out again, you need to have some practice to improve your skills in riding.
Conclusion: Keep these riding tips in mind when you take your motorcycle out to have the first ride in this season. Despite all shortcomings and changes, it cannot beat the amazing feeling that you get when you first take your bike for a ride.